Friday, July 06, 2007

Day 2 of our New York Adventure

It's almost midnight here, but I had to recap the day for you guys before I go to bed. Kyler is fast asleep and rightfully so after the full to overflowing day that we had!

Here are a few highlights from today. Let me tell you, we hit the ground running and tackled alot of ground. Kyler was game for all of it and a real trooper for all the walking, sweating, waiting in line, and did I say walking?

We rode the double decker tour bus all around Manhattan. We sat in the front on the top, so the tour guide asked to Kyler to be her assistant and announce the next stops the bus was going to make. He had a great time with this. His favorite was saying, "The next stop coming up is Central Park."

We got off the bus at Times Square and had lunch at a dazzled up McDonalds in Times Square. After looking around a bit. We caught a subway down to the ferry for the Statue of Liberty. The line to get on was amazingly long. We probably stood in line for an hour and forty five minutes, but it was worth it. We had a great time walking around Liberty Island and taking lots of pictures of Lady Liberty. Kyler said, "She still looks very young to be so old." He wanted to read all about it and of course...asked tons of questions. I actually learned alot myself.

After catching the ferry back to Manhattan we walked to Ground Zero and looked around. That area is changing as the begin to build the new building there.

We then took a subway back to Time Square and had dinner at a fun Tex-Mex place called Chevys, walked all around time sqaure again. A highlight for Kyler was going in the huge Toys R Us and riding the big Ferris Wheel they have inside.
At this point it was going on 9 pm, so we hopped back on the subway and headed back to Brooklyn.

Kyler is pumped about this whole experience. Get ready b/c I can tell he's going to be debriefing about this for days. :)

We are planning to go to a soup kitchen in the morning and help prepare and serve lunch for some homeless people. I will definitely report back on this. I don't know if I'll take pictures b/c I want to be careful not to offend or disrespect any of the people there.

Okay, this is all my tired brain can think of, but I hope you guys enjoy tracking our fun little adventure.

Good night!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow Guys!!!

What a day the two of you had. I just love seeing all the pictures and reading about your day. It makes me smile. Kyler, you are getting to see so much and I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures and see all the pictures.

I love you,
Momma

Kathy said...

Kyler,
Looks and reads as though you and GG are in the midst of a great adventure. I know you are having a lot of fun and learning much as well. Everyone here misses you greatly and cant wait for your return. Have a blast on the rest of your trip.

Love,
Dad