Thursday, July 05, 2007




Off we went bright and early this morning (5:45 to be exact). I was a little discouraged, but tried not to show it that we drove in a torrential downpour all the way to the airport. I thought surely we would be stuck in the airport with a delay, but thankfully we didn't have any delays at all. Our travel was great. As you can see in the pictures. Kyler was more than excited about the airplane ride. He sat straight up observing, commenting, and asking questions I didn't know answers to the whole time. It was great!
It has been a long, but exciting day so far. My friend Kyle picked us up from LaGuardia airport. It was great to see her. We drove back to her house and got to see some fun sights on the way like the Manhattan skyline, the Brooklyn Bridge, and China Town Brooklyn.
Kyler is having a great time. We walked to a subway station this evening and rode the Subway to a favorite Pizza place and on the way he kept saying " I"m walking in New York City." I think he just can't believe he's here. It's fun to watch him take it all in.
We are going to head for Manhattan in the morning.
Oh yea, when we rode the subway, we got on a brand new train. Afterward, Kyler said, "I think God sent us the new train since this was my first time to ride it." I said, "I think so." He says we're having a blast, so I think that's a good sign. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Gina and Kyler!

It is great to see these pictures, thanks for doing this to keep us all posted, it is wonderful! Of course, I was teary-eyed as I looked through it this moring, but so happy for Kyler and this journey he is on with his Aunt G.G. Can't wait to see more!
Love,
Kathy/Momma

Joanna Hundl said...

Gina (and Kyler),
The pictures made my day! The one where Kyler is so excited on the plane cracks me up!!!!! I would feel and and act the same way! haha Well keep me posted and hope to see more pictures. By the way, ask Kyler if he has seen any of those huge, famous rats that I hear about..he knows how that would freak me out!! hahha Take care and keep the pics coming. Have fun...he will have much to write about!!!
Joanna (Kyler's 1st grade teacher)

Gina's Journey said...

Dear Mrs. Hundl,

Do you know the Empire State Building is 86 stories high? Did you know the Statue of Liberty is 121 years old. The Toys R Us in Times Square has a Ferris Wheel in it. Times Square is the most busiest place in New York!!! I am having fun!!!
We rode a taxi to Times Square.

Love, Kyler